From: Hillingdon-Watch [mailto:petersilverman@hillingdon-watch.org.uk]
Sent: 29 July 2009 17:06
To: Hugh Dunnachie - Chief Executive, LB Hillingdon
Cc: John McDonnell (MP Hayes& Harlington)
Subject: A4 Colnbrook ByPass

Mr Dunnachie,

I am writing in regard to the dirty condition of the Hillingdon section A4 Colnbrook Bypass as reported in today’s the Ruislip & Northwood Gazette.
I was concerned by the quotation from a Council Officer which implies that it is a “fly tipping” issue.
However it can be seen from the photos at:
www.hillingdon-watch.org.uk/html/main_road_cleaning.html#A4  and http://www.hillingdon-watch.org.uk/html/photos_a4.html
that it was due to the build up of litter over a considerable period and not due to recent fly tipping.
This is supported by the quotations in the article from the motorist who has pointed to the long term nature of the problem.
I would be grateful if you could intervene in this matter and make sure that steps are taken to reverse the apparent neglect this road by our street cleaning department.

I am copying this to John McDonnell in whose constituency I believe this section of the A4 lies.

Peter Silverman
www.hillingdon-watch.org.uk
20 Kingsend, Ruislip, HA4 7DA
01895 625770