Hillingdon Watch     These yellow pages are archives. For the latest developments go to our new style site

Home     About Hillingdon-Watch     Contact us    Links   Forums    Register

Need local IT help?

HillingdonFirst E-mails

From: Hillingdon-Watch [mailto:petersilverman@hillingdon-watch.org.uk]
Sent: 18 May 2009 12:25
To: Cllr. Douglas Mills (LBH Cabinet Member Improvements, Partnerships & Community Safety)
Cc: Nick Hurd (MP For Ruilsip Northwood)
Subject: Hillingdon First Card Scheme

Dear Cllr Mills,

I have read with interest the article in the People Magazine about the new Hillingdon First card scheme and looked at the relevant sections of the LBH web site. I believe the benefits are illusory while the costs are very real.

The web site says that “It will be funded through charging non-residents extra for using council facilities”. What you overlooked is that if the scheme is adopted by other local authorities we will be paying for their schemes.

The net benefit to the average resident will therefore be a minus one as somewhere along the line we will be paying for the costs of managing all these the schemes. We can add to that the inconvenience of having to carry around yet another piece of plastic.  Far better therefore for all local authorities to get together and agree not to introduce these schemes and save us all money and inconvenience.

I would appreciate your comments.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Peter Silverman
www.hillingdon-watch.org.uk